Bubble World Under SiegePigma Pen
Image Size: 10.7" by 14.7"
CULTURE SHOCK
I live in the shadows of porcelain trees rooted neatly along the banks of plastic waters. Every now and then a painted face emerges from beneath these shadows, glancing up at me with a transfixed mannequin grin. I am left utterly confused: what are they smirking about? What do they want? A formidable perception of living here began to formulate in my mind and a galloping sense of desolation was taking control.
Soon my private world is overcome by an increasingly dream-like surrealism as well. This glaze strikes me as hostile and just as intangible or incomprehensible as the plasticine world that surrounds me. I unconsciously learn to see past the subtle yet piercing nuances of jest that seemed to be arrowed at me. I discover new means to adjust, cope and belong. The very hostility that seemed so overwhelming in the beginning was now merged with who I was becoming.
As the days went by, I realized that it was perhaps my biased perceptions of right and wrong that had misled me and had prevented me from accepting new experiences and equations as real and valid. My preconceived notions about how the world should act and feel like have now been completely reshuffled. In fact, I am absolutely spellbound and engulfed by the curious shadows of this 'plasticized' earth.
Name: Saiq'a S. Chowdhury
Date of Birth: 31st March 1988
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You have reached the end of my blog.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Thank you!
Saiq'a S. Chowdhury
